Creating social justice awareness in for your school may seem daunting. We have taken the anxiety out of this task and made it as easy as 1, 2, 3. For each month of the 20/20 Challenge we have given you a launching point to generate creative idea on Social Justice.
- Keeping yourself well mentally & physically healthy
- Celebrating Differences
- Respect for yourself - breaking the cycle of poverty - teen moms, drug use and abuse poor health prevention, domestic violence
- What is empathy? How do we show empathy?
- Definition: identification with or experiencing the feelings, thoughts, or attitudes of another.
- Look up: http://preventingbullying.promoteprevent.org/8-empathy-activities
- Research the problem of poverty in your own city
- Get information about poverty in your own city at The Spectator: http://tiny.cc/n5767x
- Solution: See May for Making a Change
How can you create awareness about child poverty:
- At your school
- At home
- In your community
May: Making a Change
Ways to make a difference in:
- Raising Change
- Creating awareness
- Speaking out and telling others
Making a Difference:
Our Volunteer Coaches at A Running & Reading Program
A Hamilton Ti-Cat Player sharing with the children at the Running & Reading program that is takes perseverance to succeed!