What is the 20/20 Challenge?
The 20/20 Challenge is a simultaneously run two-part event. The first part focuses on Physical Literacy and looks at fun, easy, creative ways to get physically fit. While the second part bring awareness to child poverty and places emphasis on solutions for your community.
This is how it works: For 20 weeks, for 20 minutes a day, we provide you with an easy to access training schedule that you can do anywhere in the classroom, gym or office. After 20 weeks, you will be prepared to join thousands of others across Canada who will be ready to complete a 5K Run4Change in May!
While you are working at making a change within yourself, you can also collect your change to help make a difference in someone else’s life. All the change you or your school collects stays in your city or town and goes towards giving tools to help at-risk children break the cycle of poverty and create a cycle of success. Take a look on the fundraising pages to see all that your change goes towards.
What is the Time Line?
From January to May
How does it work?
For only $225, you will receive access to our member’s only access portal that will provide you with these online tools:
- The Run4Change "Home Run Kit", a complete, comprehensive guide to executing Run4Change - The Clinic, The Challenge and The Change in your school, workplace or small group.
- 20/20 Training Guide task cards
- 20/20 workout videos
- Calendar of physical activity ideas and challenges
- Calendar of social justice ideas
- Journal templates to bring awareness to your students about their mental and physical health
- Other downloadable resources including pledge sheets, letters to parents and students, an adherence chart for tracking student participation, etc.
- Fundraising ideas from other teachers
- Ideas for Motivation — how to keep the momentum rolling
- No equipment is required and all activities can be conducted inside/outside, in a gym, classroom or even an office!